Here are the top 7 ways to save energy on Thanksgiving:
- Keep the over door closed so heat does not escape causing the oven to use more energy to maintain its temperature.
- Match your pots to the burner size and use lids when possible.
- Bake several dishes at the same time when at the same temp to cut down in overall baking time.
- Use glass or ceramic pans to lower the oven temp by 25 degrees and still bake in the same amount of time.
- Turn down your thermostat because baking, cooking and extra people help to heat up your home.
- Use your microwave; it uses much less energy and cooking time is much shorter.
- Use your dishwasher; it uses less water than hand-washing dishes.