Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Today's Energy Insight

Just when I think I have come across every possible energy saving tip out there, I stumble upon something that makes me say, "gee, why didn't I think of this before?" So if your freezer at home is not perfectly organized and neatly arranged but more like the freezer below,


then this tip is for you...
Food blocking the fan inside the freezer means the unit has to work harder to cool. Simply moving items away from the fan will save energy. To piggyback on this tip, cleaning the grate at the bottom of the refrigerator will help save energy as well so either pull it off and wash it or give it a good swipe with a vacuum attachment. And lastly, when your freezer is well stocked, it will not have to work has hard keeping the contents frozen thus saving energy. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment