Summer break is a great opportunity to save energy in the district when classrooms are mostly empty but what if you are in an office or building year round, like the ESC staff? Here is what you can do at the end of the day on a daily basis but especially on Fridays and when you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Turn off your computer monitor and any auxiliary speakers.
- Power down your printer or copy machine.
- Turn off any task lighting.
- Close blinds to keep out the hot sun.
- Make sure vents are clear of clutter.